Garmin 205 - cradle or cable problem?

How can I tell which?

6 messages
06/06/2011 at 18:35

My Garmin 205 won't upload or charge via my pooter.  For a while, if i plugged it in, it  would reboot my computer but now it does nothing at all!  How can i tell if I need a new cradle or a new cable?  Any ideas?  (I can't test the cable by plugging it into the mains cos I've lost the plug bit )

06/06/2011 at 19:48
If you email Garmin helpdesk (address via their website) they should be able to suggest something for you. I've emailed them about a couple of things and they were very helpful. They might take a couple of days to get back to you.
07/06/2011 at 09:20
Cheers, I've done that now - should have thought of it myself really!!
08/06/2011 at 10:25

HI

I seem to have a problem with My Garmin 305.  When I plug it into the docking cradle I just get a blank screen rather than the charging message. 

It switches on ok and records my runs, it is just that it won't talk to the computer or the training centre.  I have cleaned the pins on the back of the unit but just keep getting a message that there is a problem with the USB connection.

Any suggestions?

08/06/2011 at 10:52

I get that a lot Sarah (welcome to the forum btw) - is your garmin switched on when you plug it in?  I find that if I get no msg then I have to either switch it on or off, depending on whether it was on or off when I plugged it in ( - I know what I'm trying to say!!) .

Still waiting to hear from Garmin but yesterday I was fiddling about with the cradle and cable trying to get some semblance of life.  To cut a long story short, when I went to start my run last night my garmin wouldn't switch on at all - major panic stations.  A friend kindly took it home to see if it would work on his cradle and thank dog, it does but i'm guessing that somehow, in my fiddling, I must have discharged the battery

08/06/2011 at 14:17

It is switched off - I just get a blank screen though.  It looks like it is charging (I think) when it is switched but it looks like it is still losing charge.  I can still record runs on it and hopefully battery will still be ok for Sunday's 10k race.

When I try and download the data both Fetch and training centre don't recognise it

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.