Garmin 305 HR readings

5 messages
27/03/2010 at 13:46
I wondered if anyone else had got some strange HR readings from their Garmin 305. I treated myself to one last week and on my third time out today, it says I have had a maximum HR of 219bpm which seems rather high for a middle aged woman. The graph I got showed the HR increasing to this figure by about 1.5km out of 5 then dropping off to something I would call more normal at about 150-155 bpm by 2.5km. The gradients on the run didn't tie in with this either. Has anyone else had strange readings or should I be worried about my heart?
27/03/2010 at 13:57
It's quite normal, just a glitch in the way the belt picks up beats,  Try wetting the sensors a little before you put it on.  I've just looked at my run earlier and I had a MHR of 200 for the first mile or so...it's really 186, and I never got anywhere near that figure anyway. Don't worry!
27/03/2010 at 17:39
Thanks Mr Puffy.
30/03/2010 at 13:02

The HR function _is_ pretty accurate when it's working - wet the sensors, as Mr Puffy says, and make sure it is comfortable and stable (my SO has to wedge it under her bra a bit).

On a static 'treadmill endurance' test, I got up to 199bpm, so 216 probably isn't impossible for short bursts, but not recommended!

31/03/2010 at 09:56
Thanks hamilton, I think fidgeting with the strap may not have helped, it feels strange wearing the chest strap when you aren't used to it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.