Garmin 405cx Freezing

17 messages
10/10/2010 at 12:56
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help, for the second week running my Garmin 405cx has decided to freeze. Last week it happened before my long run this week at the end, getting very annoying now and thinking of returning it to Amozon before it gets chucked in the bin Anyone else having or had the same misfortune?
12/10/2010 at 19:32
Just happened to mine, how do you fix it?
12/10/2010 at 20:55
Ummm don't know, it seems to come back on by it's self but with a completely flat battery I was told to speak to Garmin 08708501242, that's a freephone number from the UK and if they couldn't fix the problem Amozon will give me a new one. Will wait till it happens again before I phone. Hope you get it fixed.
13/10/2010 at 07:24
If you hold both buttons in and the bezel on the opposite side it'll come back to life; sometimes takes quite a few seconds....it's in the manual.
14/10/2010 at 21:03

Thanks Mr Boat, maybe I should of read the manual But still annoying that when it happens the battery goes flat. 

17/10/2010 at 21:12
Mine's done this four times today for the first time in the year and a half I've had it.  I've reset it each time but it keeps doing it.  Luckily it didn't do it during the 10 mile race I did this morning!  Is there any way to stop it happening?  I don't want it to be broken so soon at the price I paid for it! 
21/10/2010 at 09:30
Mine did that and I asked a garmin man at the tri show earlier on in the year. Make sure you have all your satalites etc, when you're ready to go press the start and lap buttons on the side together to lock the bezel this stops it from freezing and you can still start and stop the watch etc.
21/10/2010 at 10:43
Thanks, but unfortunately  I usually lock mine anyway.  Now it seems if I press any button at all, it freezes and I have to reset.  If I don't touch it, it runs fine as a watch - but it's a pretty expensive watch! 
21/10/2010 at 12:13
Send it back to Garmin and they should replace it with a letter to explain the problems and what you have done. My first one locked regardless of what I did and they did replace it for me. Apparaently there has been some reported problems with the screen locking, so I would contact them about this.
21/10/2010 at 12:40
Even though it's over a year old? 
21/10/2010 at 13:30
Definately worth a go. Ring the customer services and explain everything. They were very good for me.
21/10/2010 at 14:29
Thanks, I guess even if they charge me something it's cheaper than buying a new one! 
23/10/2010 at 17:21
My just stopped working and they will change it for £113 plus p&p. Its 15 months old and cost nearly £300. I think its a disgusting service. I expect it to last longer
24/10/2010 at 14:07

Hi

I have a different problem, its the battery life. I've had the watch (405cx) for nearly a year, but just recently the battery power seems to go down really quick, it supposed to last 8 hours,fully charged,  I'm only getting about 4 1/2! it used to last a lot longer than this. has this happened to anyone else, can the battery be changed?

12/11/2010 at 22:12
Untill I read these I was wanting a Garmen 405cx but Im wondering if I should change my mind...!!
12/11/2010 at 22:44
The manual says the battery cannot be changed. My battery is down to about six hours at a guess after 10 months. I'm not pleased but I don't intend to take that long for my next marathons unlike two of the first three.
12/11/2010 at 23:22
supermouse: I shouldn't worry too much, most of our club members use them without any problems. Obviously there are a few exceptions and you would expect ot hear about them on an internet running forum; its normal. I would probably post on here the minute I had a problem with mine. I've had mine for two years now and the battery is still fine; I can do over two hours with the light on and still only use 30% of the battery life. Once you get used to locking the bezel, they're fine.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
17 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.