Garmin 610 or Nike+ gps watch

4 messages
22/10/2012 at 13:06

I have had two Nike + GPS watches since January. They have both suffered condensation inside the face when running. Has anyone else suffered this? Is it a common fault? I am now looking for a new GPS watch. Any recommendations? Cheers.

22/10/2012 at 14:00

A quick google found other people with condensation problems on the Nike+ GPS watch.

I think you answered the question in your title - I've got a Garmin 405 and its great, except for the bezel.  The 610 cured this, so is the benchmark that all other manufacturers are trying to equal. 

22/10/2012 at 20:36

I have a 610 and agree - the touchscreen is great and it has all the features you could wish for.

As I said on a separate post I'm not convinced about reliability though - after a year of heavy usage (2 marathons, up to 6 runs a week) the back has blistered and the watch sometimes misbehaves when I switch it on.

I would definitely take it over the Nike but keep your receipt.

24/10/2012 at 18:25

Thanks both, Much Appreciated.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.