Garmin 910 - Is it worth it ?

Invest or not

9 messages
Red Stripe    pirate
21/08/2013 at 22:51

My Garmin has died, out of warranty and I'm missing it already on runs & rides.

Looking to do the double next year ironman70.3 and ironmanUK Bolton, any one with a 910 is it worth it over a basic Garmin for training  Considering I'll be in the pool and on the road a lot This winter ? 

i like the Garmin Connect format And familiar with it so would like to stay with Garmin Would also look at adding a creed/ cadence accessory.

Users do you love the 910? What are its bad points ? 

22/08/2013 at 08:06

910 is great as it records swims pool and OW. With garmin connect it shows everything you do.

Get the cadence/speed sensor for the bike, so when you turbo in the winter you have feedback on how you are doing.

Red Stripe    pirate
22/08/2013 at 11:12

Thanks - just wanted some 910 user feedback rather than just the Garmin sales stuff ! 

cougie    pirate
22/08/2013 at 12:18
What puts me off is the number of threads you see about them failing. I've not bothered with garmins yet and I cant see myself going with them until they can make them last a bit longer.
22/08/2013 at 13:02

Got my 5th one this week! They've all been replaced under warranty - this one was a bit of a fight as the warranty expired in March. 

All have failed in the same way - the barometric altitude stops working. 

When they work they are great. But too much of the time they don't work and Garmin Customer Service is rubbish (46 mins on hold). 

I've also since bought a 310 (at a good price) just to use when the 910 isn't working. 

22/08/2013 at 14:06
Red Stripe wrote (see)

Thanks - just wanted some 910 user feedback rather than just the Garmin sales stuff ! 

What a lovely way to thank someone who took the time to respond to your question

23/08/2013 at 11:29

Garmin customer service is unbeatable, they will replace virtually anything and repairs are completed so cheaply. I wonder how they make any money, they really do treat  customers well

Red Stripe    pirate
23/08/2013 at 21:43

My Garmin 405 has been replaced three times.

Seems a lucky dip but when they work are great.

now I in ironman UK think it will be on the Christmas list.

cougie    pirate
23/08/2013 at 22:19
I can't think of anything I've replaced that much.
Imagine if they could actually get them not to break in the first place ?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.