Garmin Footpod

Foot pod recording

5 messages
25/02/2012 at 17:59

Hi Fo

Having a bit of  a problem with the footpod for the garmin 305, I have calibrated it but it still seems to be nearlly 2 miles difference from the footpod and the treadmill recording I know Treadmills are always a bit out but I know it  not much out ,I have a nike plus that is calibrated and the recordings are okay and when I run outside the nike and the gps on the garmin are in sync

sorry if I am going on but I am at my wits end  I have even tried reseting the garmin which it does not seem to do

any advise would be nice

02/05/2012 at 13:17
Run on the road and check it against a map.
04/05/2012 at 08:29

There should be a calibration setting somewhere to set your stride length.

04/05/2012 at 08:46
I missed the part about the Nike+ reading correctly. Maybe having GPS on indoors is throwing it. I think you are supposed to tell the gamin you are inside. Another thing to check is that your laces aren't banging on the footpod. That gives false readings.
04/05/2012 at 15:29

How far have you run to get 2 miles difference between the footpod and the treadmill? If it is a 100 miles, then it's not too bad, if it's 4 then you have a problem!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.