Garmin Forerunner 110 has blank screen!

Broken Garmin :-(

6 messages
02/08/2014 at 10:10

Dear All, just went to charge my Garmin but it is totally dead - after an initial flicker of life on the screen, it all went blank. Has anyone else had this problem, is there a solution or is it RIP Forerunner?

02/08/2014 at 10:23
I've got the 220 and only found out last week you can turn it off! Try giving it a good charge then press and hold the light button. Which turns it on and off.

Maybe you already know that though.
02/08/2014 at 10:56
I had this issue with mine along with numerous others. Gave the thing up in the end and got the 910 which I've never had problems with.

A hard reset sometimes worked with mine, can't remember how to do it but I found it online. It involves pressing various buttons in a certain order! Mine usually went in time for races despite charging it the night before. Crock of shit!
02/08/2014 at 13:10

Thank you so much for the advice - tried the hard reset and it has come back on. Fingers crossed it will last as long as December and I will ask Santa for a new one xx

02/08/2014 at 21:21

This happens to my 110 on a fairly regular-ish basis, I panicked the first few times but now I just look at this thread and one of the suggestions has always worked (so far). https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?10639-Forerunner-110-Blank-Screen-(Dead)/page3 

03/08/2014 at 09:59

Brilliant - thank you

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.