Garmin Forerunner 305 - I don't understand it!

21 to 30 of 30 messages
23/02/2008 at 19:15

Cheeky1, to help with your other questions, you may find this article useful:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/article.asp?uan=2987

23/02/2008 at 21:06

Cheeky1 - The USB drivers are on the disk that came with your Forerunner.

Put the CD in your laptop, run the installation and voila!

24/02/2008 at 12:05

If used with XP then you would not need to install the USB driver.

I have suggested the best possible solution to resolve the usb problem in the other thread started by cheeky1 

15/03/2008 at 22:08

HI there, I have just bought a 305 and am stuck on the set up?

I must say I need to know shall I set it to Europe, west, east or central??

I am based in the uk and yes I am a budffoon but am stuck.

Please reply asap so I can finsih the set up

15/03/2008 at 22:39

Yes you can upload to MapMyRun. Click on 'Map New Run', 'Import', and 'From Garmin GPS'. It should be self explanatory after that.

I quite like MapMyRun for the google style maps and it is very easy to create new routes and view the elevation profile, the distance, etc, and export it to a GPS. I've had a look at Motionbased and SportTracks but they didn't seem to show me anything I couldn't get just as easily in Garmin Training Centre and MapMyRun. In Garmin Training Centre you can choose to view the route in Google Earth if you want a better map. Of the software I've seen so far, the free ones are just as good as the subscription ones, and none of them are definitive. But I've only been playing with this toy for a week so maybe there is more to discover.

Before I started using my unit I upgraded everything to the latest version. I haven't had problem picking up satellites. It can take a minute or so but that is approximately what the manual says.

15/03/2008 at 22:40
Marty, it is Europe West.
15/03/2008 at 23:31

THanks for that.

Now another one, what doies itr means re the distance when is says: Statute or Metric? in the distance setting?

What is Statute?

Thanks again.

Marty

16/03/2008 at 01:25
It means Miles instead of kilometers, feet instead of metres, etc.
19/03/2008 at 14:22

Obviously i am missing a trick because the ability to give average heart rate over the course of a run is (or should be) a basic function of my Garmin 305. But I just can't work out how to get it to show it. I can pick up heart rate as I am running but not an average once I have stopped.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. 

19/03/2008 at 20:15

The easiest place to see all the stats is in Training Centre, the software that comes with it but if you mean how do you see it on the watch you can do it this way:

Press Mode twice

Press Enter to choose History

Press Enter to choose Running

Press Enter to choose By Day

Press Enter to choose the latest day you ran

Bingo! You have some basic stats, including Average Heart Rate and Max Heart Rate

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.