Garmin FR60 message : ah02.400 0000 aid02.200 0000

Issues having changed the battery

3 messages
01/12/2011 at 23:14

Hi all. Hoping someone can help me out.

My FR60 stated it had low battery so have replaced battery but now its showing the message ah02.400 0000 aid02.200 0000 on the screen and won't reset at all. Any ideas what I can do?

02/12/2011 at 09:41
Tbh Jo, you're probably better off asking here.
25/10/2012 at 19:10

Hi! Actually there seems to be a huge decoupling capacitor in the electronics. You can notice if you remove the battery and the display stays for several seconds for instance. I can understand if this capacitor must be discharged first before the device can start up properly.  Garmin recommends to wait 24h in this case as it says in a different forum. I wanted to use my Garmin immediately though. So, I took some aluminium foil and short circuited the two battery contacts (in the center and at the rim of the battery compartment). Voila!
It came up with this strange message again but then only after a second it continued and asked me for my language. Admittedly, I repeated this procedure twice. But in principle short-circuiting the voltage supply is supposed to be the ultimate brute-force reset of any device.

All the other resets seem not to work when this problem arises after a battery replacement!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.