Garmins (and Nike+)

Looking at a Garmin and wanting advice

2 messages
20/10/2013 at 15:57

I currently run using my iPod Nano with the Nike plus thing attached and the pod in my shoe. 

I am running the London marathon next year so decided I need something more accurate. I don't fancy running with my phone as it might not be practical in the rain! 

Looking at the Garmin's - did fancy the Forerunner 10 - all set up buy it then noticed the battery life was 5 hours. This MIGHT just be enough time but what happens if it dies mid-run, does it save what you've done so far? Is there a way to switch the watch off and I can start it just as the marathon starts?

Then decided to look at the Forerunner 220 but this is a lot more money and doesn't seem worth it for my needs. 

Does anyone have any comments/thoughts/suggestions on the Garmins?

20/10/2013 at 16:17

Yep, you can switch the FR10 off and switch it on shortly before you start running to save battery life.

dcrainmaker.com is a very good site for in-depth reviews which might help answer some of your questions and point you towards something that'll fulfil your needs.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.