Getting hold of old model shoes?

9 messages
25/08/2008 at 17:54

A few months ago my old and trusty running shoes were getting a little worn.  So I took myself along to Sweatshop hoping to buy another pair the same as I'd never had any problems with them.

unfortunately the shoes had been "upgraded" and the new model just didn't fit my foot.  After trying on practically every pair of shoes in the shop (I have awkward feet and none suited) I came away with some totally different ones.

Now I don't want to blame the new shoes but ... in the few months since I've had them I've been plagued  with knee problems that I've never had before.  I've now switched back to my old worn shoes and miraculously the problems have gone.

So ... it's seems that I have awkward feet that nothing on the current market suits.  Is  there anywhere that sells off old model shoes?  I'd like a dozen of the ones I had before!

25/08/2008 at 18:08
dorunning seem to sell lots of old(er) models.
25/08/2008 at 20:08

"Upgrades" are a pain in the rectum. Some shoes are just right ... until the maker goes and changes them.

Various online places sell old models. But I've always had results from Ebay - if there are none on there at the mo, save a search as a favourite; I think you can even have Ebay email you when something crops up that fits your search expression.

25/08/2008 at 21:04

I had a pair of orange/grey pegasus 05's (I think) which I had to retire early due to a really annoying squeaky right shoe.
They were the comfiest shoes ever .... perfect fit ... didn't feel like I had them on ... I felt like a real 'runner' in them.
Do you think I could find another pair ... no chance ... and the 06's were carp.
I'm still wearing them for work which just makes me miss them more .....

25/08/2008 at 21:52
Asics Gel Mojove, same thing, the best I've ever had- fitted like a glove. Also now obsolete. Try a search in google with the shoe name- may turn up something.
26/08/2008 at 06:21

Try here they have some really old models

http://www.sportsshoes.com

I just tapped in exact name of trainer on a search and loads came out in google 

26/08/2008 at 06:26
Be aware that, apparantly, the cushioning can start to degrade after a couple of years, even if they haven't been used, so maybe best not to get 'dozens' of pairs though.
26/08/2008 at 21:48
Scare tactics by manufacturers?
27/08/2008 at 09:55

what ever happened to the asics 2010, the best she they ever made why did they have to change them.

does anyone know where i might get a pair, ive looke high and low.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.