Good Shampoo after swimming

Sorry if slightly off alignment...

5 messages
04/01/2009 at 17:13
I swim couple of times a week in my local pool, and my hair shampoo still leaves my hair feeling like straw.  Recommendations please.
04/01/2009 at 17:23
Try L'Oreal kids swimming shampoo.  The bottle is blue and orange, shaped like a fish.
04/01/2009 at 20:21
I think if it's to improve the 'straw' feeling, rather than just to get rid of the chlorine smell, then you need to be a bit girly and get conditioner.  Sorry!

I have recently taken up swimming, and used to use Tesco's own brand and it was fine - but as you say, the swimming has started to knacker it.  I've started using Trevor Sorbie 'Repair' shampoo and conditioner.  I leave the conditioner in for a few minutes, particularly when washing hair straight after swimming, and it's really helped.  If you can brave the girly shampoo aisle in Boots there are loads of different types - look for stuff for damaged and/or dry hair, or anything that says something like 'repair' etc.  You can also get specific conditioner things that you are only meant to use occassionaly (?once a week or something) and will give your hair a deep condition.

Hope this helps, although I'm sure more experienced swimmer's will have better things to add.
xx
04/01/2009 at 20:26
Boots own Swim shampoo range - some with built in condioner works for me
04/01/2009 at 20:33

Do a Duncan - Shave it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used wash and go when i was younger - it worked - it's gone !!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.