Got fat feet?

New balance 590 v2 Wide

7 messages
27/08/2013 at 10:24

Just thought I have to mention the new running shoes I bought yesterday. It's my second pair of NB's as i have some 510's as well. But I got these new ones for my Ultra runs coming up. I wanted something light and edging towards minimalist but without losing some comforts. I picked up the 590 V2's for 37£ and I have to say they are amazing! Really really nice trainers.

I know we get the odd thread asking what trainers are good for this that and the other then if you got fat feet like me and you like a big toe box and you don't want to spend too much cash then really do check these out. I am well happy Plus for the first time ever I went for a longish run straight off with them and didn't get a blister!  Usually I get rubbing on the outside of my foot at the base of my big toe where people get bunions, but I didn't get a thing.

Happiness over

01/09/2013 at 13:48
I might have to take a look at these if they are in sports direct.
I could do with a new pair of shoes for the winter months.
I have quite wide feet so these could be ideal.
02/09/2013 at 11:08

Put 60 miles on them last week. Not a single blister nothing. No injuries etc. Well pleased. I think you maybe right so I will grab another pair soon. But for such thin forefoot cushioning they feel so soft. They do not give any support which I like too. But for the money I am well happy. Yeah I got these from Sports Direct/whatever they are called this week. Rather weirdly the bloke who served me actually had some knowledge on running shoes so i dropped the manager and email saying he was really great at what he was doing. So hopefully they might put him on a 5 hour contract or something instead of 0 hours

02/09/2013 at 18:57

Out of curiosity I just went and looked at those on the DS website. Says "closer fitting toe box" and "reduced lateral forefoot girth"... Oh well, they look too un-minimalist for me anyway.

02/09/2013 at 19:06

Is that the wides? I presume not as they are neither if them

04/09/2013 at 09:43

Yes, that's the wides. Womens. Of course, they may have put the wrong blurb on...

04/09/2013 at 10:19

I don't know I have yet to find any info online about them at all. So you might be right

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.