Heart Rate monitor - going crazy

5 messages
04/03/2010 at 17:10
Ok, so I've had my Garmin 305 and my Heart Rate monitor since August time, with no problems at all. However, over the last week it's become very erratic and had been giving me some really strange readings - today during my warmup it said I hit 97% of my maximum heart rate and last week I was 115%...

The thing is, I haven't been doing anything differently. I've made sure I've wet the contacts enough so I get an accurate reading, I've tightened the strap so there's constant contact with my chest, and I haven't been putting it anywhere different from normal (I tend to put it just below the bottom of my ribcage). And I'm getting these really erratic readings (although Sporttracks does a good job of smoothing out sudden peaks).

What's your opinions? I can't think it would be the battery, it's only 7 months old and runs off of a watch battery...
04/03/2010 at 17:18

Hi

Take it back from the shop you got it...or email those guys : http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/home/support/supportcontact

Hope it helps

Simone

04/03/2010 at 20:11
It is worth changing the battery; I've used two in 15mth with my 405. Mine usually reads low when it starts to run out leaving me thinking I suddenly become fitter overnight. Dead cheap on Ebay for a packet of 2 or 4.
04/03/2010 at 21:10
Battery would definately be my first port of call.
04/03/2010 at 21:42
Have you checked your min and max heart rate settings on the watch? when I download my 310XT garmin onto my PC, the max heart rate figure is lost, hence it gives me extremely high percentages when I next use it. I have to plug in the max heart rate each time after download.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.