Heart Rate Monitor

Beginner's heart rate monitor

6 messages
02/04/2013 at 16:39

Hi,

I'm a fairly new runner and am running purely to build and maintain fitness and I'm looking to buy a heart rate monitor for under £50. Do i need a watch and strap or will a watch suffice? I am hoping to be pointed in the right direction for a heart rate monitor that will do the job but still be reasonable in price.

Thanks,

Mat

02/04/2013 at 17:14

less than £20 in argos

02/04/2013 at 17:18

Lidl and Aldi have them at times for a similar price to Argos

you will need a chest strap for the heart monitor and a wrist unit for the readout.  yoiu can get a few wrist only units where you place a finger on a sensor to get a reading but they are  difficult to use when running.

02/04/2013 at 17:20

Hi Mat,

I'm pretty sure most HRM's come with a chest strap.

Have a look at Argos for a selection.  As a brand I would say Polar are probably the better sub £50 ones.

02/04/2013 at 17:22
02/04/2013 at 18:11

Polar are the doyens of HRM's - their name is almost synonymous with quality HRMs so it's a bit of a no brainer really.  and if something goes wrong with it they have a UK based service centre.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.