Help with shoes

5 messages
07/04/2005 at 10:57
Hi Guys

I have been told by a physio that I have high arches and need a very cushioned shoe that has arch support as im falling in on my arch.

Anybody had a good shoe to fit this description to save me time trawlling through them all.

Cheers
07/04/2005 at 11:36
Thinking of the Saucony Trigon....never used Saucony before but the boys at the club have given them good reports.
12/04/2005 at 13:17
boing

Still need some help here guys, anybody recommend the softest shoes...would it be NB
12/04/2005 at 13:24
Oh.... since no-one else is talking to you... ;-)

It seems to be the case that cushioning and support are mutually exclusive - one compromises the other. Do you really need a lot of cushioning? I'd imagine, if you've been advised by a physio, that you need support to stay un-injured, so maybe you need to go for that......?

Another thing - a shoe which supports high arches...? Sounds like a rarity to me. And over-pronation (excessive rolling in) isn't necessarily best corrected by an arch support - it depends on what happens through the whole range of motion. Probably the best idea would be to go to a proper running shop and get videoed or looked at to see what model of shoe makes you run as neutrally as possible.

All in all, I think the reason why you've had no answers is that there's no answer!
12/04/2005 at 13:27
Hello
I have a high instep and am a pronator and was recommended Adidas Supernova Control. They were okay but never felt truly comfortable but I have just broken in a pair of Saucony Grid Omni 4 and they are fantastic. Wide fitting to accommodate the high instep and supportive too. They work for me! (although I might not be saying that on Sunday evening after FLM.....)

Swerve's advice is good - my Adidas were fitted after I had a footscan and until then, I didn't realise I was a pronator.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.