High 5

special discount packs from the RW Mag

13 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/02/2003 at 22:05
Guys,
just started doing longer runs and I'm hoping to do a marathon this year (doing the moonwalk in may) and I was interested to see that High 5 have some special packs on offer in this months RW mag.
Can anyone offer any comments on High 5 (it seems to be a a few races including the marathon I was considering) and also is there special offer really good or just show!!

Cheers

EP
05/02/2003 at 07:33
EP - used to use all the HIGH 5 (prior to switching to SIS) range and no problems with any of their products.They all seem to mix well & are not bad tasting, better still they do what they say they will. Just make sure you use the right product for what your trying to achieve.
05/02/2003 at 08:43
They are providing High5 on the Blackpool Marathon/Half Marathon route Pix so might be worth investing in some just to see how you get along. As you say, it seems the preferred sports drink for most race organisers.

I like it but then I like anything that isnt Lucozade (yes, even blue gunk Powerade!)

They mostly all do what they say on the tin so it's down to personal preference really, providing you dont get any adverse reaction.

05/02/2003 at 08:47
EP - Every thread you go seems to send you back to doing the Blackpool Marathon - fate or what????
The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/02/2003 at 08:51
OK OK I get the hint ... I'll do it!
05/02/2003 at 09:02
:-)
05/02/2003 at 13:39
EP - I love Hi-5 gels, they are not too thick and the taste is OK, but then I have a very sweet tooth. I saw the offers.... I'd say go for the one with heaps of gels, the belt and the gel bottle (bottom left of page I think). The gels cost about £1 each, so you save on those alone. The belt is useful for marathons - its a bit like a bullet belt, they have little gaps for you to put the gels into. You may need 6,7 or more for a marathon, so it is a good alternative to pinning gels on your shorts. You can also squeeze about 4 gels into the little bottle which has its own squeezy section on the belt. However I found it annoying not knowing how much I had taken. But the belt is good - i borrow my friends when I need a small belt for half marathons - there is a pocket for gels/dextrose tablets/phone/car keys whatever and it is petty comfortable. You don't have to put the gels thru the special holes. You can just use it as smallish belt. Good luck!!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/02/2003 at 20:22
well seeing as I seem to have agreed to do Blackpool I think I'll give this a go ...BTW you can get a free gel sample off their site
05/02/2003 at 20:59
the only thing wrong with the belt is that it doesnt hold a bottle
The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/02/2003 at 22:43
so there are 2 packs
both have the gel flask a bottle (but no way of carrying it!) and the belt
the gel sample has 18 gels the marathon pack has 9 gels and other products

which is best to get!!
06/02/2003 at 15:01
EP - I'd go for the gel sample. That is where you are saving money on stuff you actually need. The gels are ace and they are what you need. You don't need to carry own water at big events, and if you did, badgers use those Runaid ones with the whole in the middle for your hand. I think the other products might get a bit confusing unless you are a try it all junkie!
x
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/02/2003 at 15:14
kewl!
that's all I needed to know!
or should I say I needed someone to make my mind up for me!!
06/02/2003 at 16:22
Wish I could do the same for me sometimes EP!

You are welcome.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.