How to carry watter whilst running?

21 to 24 of 24 messages
28/01/2013 at 10:33

The "doughnut" hand-held bottles are good.  I forget I'm carrying mine.

For the longest runs and warmer weather I have a running belt with a couple of small bottles of water.  I've found it more comfortable and accessible to wear back-to-front, with the bottles and gel pack under my spare tyre 

Most often in the current weather, I come home with almost as much water as I left with - even after three hours running.  

28/01/2013 at 10:38

I have a couple of swiggies (http://www.swiggiesuk.com/) which I mainly use in races or faster runs. They are less annoying than carrying a bottle, but do hurt my wrist a bit if I use them every run.

For longer, slower runs I use one of these doughnit ones, and find it less annoying than I expected to.

28/01/2013 at 21:33
Does anyone use a running spciic rucksack and then just chuck a bladder in?
29/01/2013 at 18:31

I just bought one of these. backpack

I reckon that's cracking value and it's made by Asics so it must be pretty good for running. I'll have it delivered by the end of the week then Sunday's my next big run.

Perfecto!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.