HTC Hero android phone

5 messages
21/03/2010 at 07:04

I have recently bought a new mobile phone and am downloading a couple of running type applications to try out (sportypal and softrace).

Can anyone recomend  any other applications available on Android phones that would be worth trying out?

Also a question for others who carry gps phones whilst running, How do you carry your phone so that the gps gets a signal? in your hand or are there any good holders available?

21/03/2010 at 07:40

Don't know about android.

But GPS worked fine on my Nokia E71 when carried in a pocket or bum bag. Accuracy was excellent, probably due to the fact it uses aGPS like a lot of phones and gets the position from not just the satellites, but triangulation from cell towers.

21/03/2010 at 14:35

i use buddy runner on mine and it works fine on my htc magic , ive also used cardi trainer but prefered the simple lay out of buddy runner

i run with mine in a ipod touch running gismo on my arm , i think the hero is a little larger than the magic thou but it still might fit

22/03/2010 at 09:03

Hi

I use sportypal and with my HTC hero.  I bought the xtremeMac sportswrap armband case for it which is designed for iphone/ipod but fits the HTC fine and you can still use the touch screen through it.

22/03/2010 at 14:00

Here is a nice armband that fits HTC hero

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/xtrememac-sportwrap-armband-case-for-apple-iphone-ipod-touch-p15074.htm?referer=aff_aw_78888

I like SportyPal because of the goal setting, like a training diary.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.