I HATE MY SHOES!

but don't know what to try next :[

81 to 93 of 93 messages
Pethead    pirate
11/04/2011 at 20:36

+1 to Cougie. I didn't see any such threads either, but I think most people tend to avoid bringing up things like politics, race and religion (for example) on a public forum unless that was the specific topic of discussion.
Posts like that would surprise me - and the mods I guess - even if they weren't obscene or anything.

11/04/2011 at 23:40

I thought this site was about helping each other and offering advice on running.

Sounds like people need to get out and have a nice stress relieving run!

Chill out everyone.

Oh by the way did anyone come up with a suggestion as to an alternative for D2D's shoes!? (oops have I started it again!?)

seren nos    pirate
12/04/2011 at 08:24

The suggestion was that she goes to a shoe shop and discuss it with them..one like sweatshop that give you a 14 day take back policy......................

as recommended on most of the 23 threads on shoes that she has posted..............to keep on asking people who have never met her give recommendation is crazy..............when she has had problems........with every one she has tried..............

By people recommending more shoes they are just going to give her more grief...................and you could give advice but on the numerous threads where she has asked for advice she has never actually taken it..........

the forum is generally a lovely place..............and very welcoming...........just like joining any club or group in the world ,..there is always history...........

The threads were once again having a go at everyone in the world that isn't as clever and pretty and thin and quick and quiet as D2D.............that they are therefore scum and not worthy to breathe her air...........or share her world.........

12/04/2011 at 08:34
Good grief. Can`t you lot just shut it ? Most of us are really not interested. Get a life.
13/04/2011 at 12:56

We need a "Like" button here....  It makes life easier...

13/04/2011 at 13:23

D2D,

I train in Nike Lunar Elite 2 shoes, and while the flatness can feel slightly alien, I'd advise sticking to a set formula for a while and just concentrating on the running as opposed to chopping and changing.

I've now got a pair of Brooks Green Silence for upto 10k races, but wouldn't train in them.

You've got the promise and dedication for some decent times, I could easily envisage a sub 1.35 if you pushed yourself, but consistency is very much the watch word.

Good luck.

N.B - Can't say I'd advocate the attacks on D2D here, she's a pain in the arse sometimes, but this I feel is a rather valid thread - Don't click on her threads if you don't want to read what she writes.

She's hardly clogging up the site - Some threads have many thousands of posts and sit up at the top of the board all the time.

13/04/2011 at 13:47

"N.B - Can't say I'd advocate the attacks on D2D here, she's a pain in the arse sometimes, but this I feel is a rather valid thread - Don't click on her threads if you don't want to read what she writes.

She's hardly clogging up the site - Some threads have many thousands of posts and sit up at the top of the board all the time. "

Well said Sprint

13/04/2011 at 21:09

Thanks Sprint - well, I got to HM point at Abo last year in 1.36 so I think that's doable again but 1.35 hmm we'll see...

Legs still feel fresh after Sunday and I've been hammering 7-8 milers every day since. Perhaps hammering is the wrong word... but I certainly haven't been dawdling.

I actually won a pair of new 1st generation Lunaracers on eBay for £26 the other day (I usually pay £70 for these but they're discontinued now) so really happy about that since I think the 1st gen are the best version and feel incredible.

Well done with the proposal btw!

seren nos    pirate
13/04/2011 at 21:33

glad to hear the legs are still working well D2D..... out of interest have you given yourself a time limit of following your own training methods.........from your times it doesn't seem that you are making much improvements on your half and marathon times over the last 2 years despite you running a hell of a lot of miles a week and being young and fit........

I know you enjoy running all your training runs at faster than  race pace..............and some training programmes need longer than others to fufill themselves..........but have you given yourself a time limit of 3 or 5 years where if you don't start reaching your potential you might try training in the more traditional style or varied style......

I know you have suffered with injury .but you already know that your method of training carries a higher injury risk than other more varied programme...do you still think that the decent results that reflect your talent might show in the next few years..............

13/04/2011 at 22:07

Seren - Depends.

I'm still weighing up what I want to do and ultimately what I want to achieve..... for now, I am just happy not being injured and free to run whatever race/distance I want to take on...

I'm in for Stratford (May) and Abingdon (Oct) and will run a handful of summer races (Otmoor/Addebury 3 Spires/Chiltern Chase/Woodstock 12) too but won't be beating myself up about times if I don't get PBs.

I do think I have potential and I'm aware that I'm not unlocking it at the minute though... it's a catch 22, I run to relieve stress predominantly and because it's part of a routine... I like structure and order in my day and this falls in with it..... I may look at training plans if I start to feel I'm really getting nowhere though i.e. I got PBs across all distances last year. If I don't even get one PB this year, I may switch things up a bit.

OOH. My birthday in 1 hour 53 minutes

seren nos    pirate
14/04/2011 at 07:27
Happy birthday D2D...............Hope you have the day you deserve
14/04/2011 at 08:43
Good to see the cyber bullying is still going strong. For a moment there I though sanity and basic human kindness may have appeared.
seren nos    pirate
14/04/2011 at 08:58

If you are referring to me RR

.then you will have noted through the last year that I do not bully D2D..........when she asks a serious question I answer seriously and as helpful as I can........when she spouts some nasty and silly remark i disagree with then i say my disagreement..........

I do the same with others on the forum..........Infact if i am in a clique i have argued more with My "clique friends" on here than D2D............

just because she  says things many things  that i disagree with or finds offensive sometimes doesn't mean that I think she isn't entitled to have a good day on her birthday

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 93 of 93 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.