i-phone armband for small arms (water proof/resistant)

7 messages
07/12/2012 at 22:46

Hi,

I realise I may be asking the impossible, and there's probably loads of similar threads but can anyone recommend a good iphone 4 armband for outdoors running?  I have small arms so need it to fit small enough and not be ridiculously bulky but after ruining one iphone out running in the rain I would also quite like it to be at least water resistant, if not waterproof.  I know a lot of people will say, leave it at home if it is raining (which is what I currently do) but I have been caught out before.  I have bought several in the past (mainly cheap ones which don't work).

Currently I am looking at the arm pocket aero i 10 and the H20 audio Amphibx waterproof one.  

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.  I would also like it to be easy to get in and out.  Thanks

07/12/2012 at 23:45
You could try a roosport pouch instead http://theroosport.com/
09/12/2012 at 17:44
I have small arms too and find the Belkin armband quite good. I bought one from
Amazon a couple of years ago. Bought another one recently and thought I'd try a different brand so opted for the Tunes one also from amazon. I don't find the fit as tight as the Belkin and the phone doesn't fit so well either.

Let me know if you find a good one! Not sure what the Adidas or karrimor ones are like.
Edited: 09/12/2012 at 17:45
09/12/2012 at 18:08

Hiya, just nipping onto this thread as I want to find one too. Haven't had any luck with any I've tried so far - have resorted to a running belt while I carry on searching!

10/12/2012 at 11:14

when i saw this post first, i thought for a moment you needed an iphone armband for your handgun !

10/12/2012 at 20:37
Ha ha, after discussion on running club fb page I have decided to go for the armpouch- either an i20 or i10. I have a slim line one with no cover so is useless in any damp, although it fits me well. This will be bulkier but got brilliant feedback from at least 3 or 4 people.

Thanks
19/12/2012 at 22:38

Go for a SPI belt, my arms are too small for anything on the market and although I don't know if its sold as waterproof it has kept my iphone dry through 2 british winters and the summer inbetween!  There's zero wobble as well, which is something I worried about when it was suggested.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.