I really need help from Gamin/Nike+ users

8 messages
06/12/2012 at 23:27

I have been using http://www.awsmithson.com/tcx2nikeplus/ to convert and upload my Garmin Connect data to Nike+. Nike is making many changes and each time they do this tool breaks. I was wondering if anyone was aware of another method of doing this so I can have a backup. I love my Garmin and I love Nike+ they just aren't meant to be together but I don't want to switch after two+ years of use. Please help if you can. Thanks.

Edited: 06/12/2012 at 23:28
07/12/2012 at 12:07

Silence! I was somewhat afraid of this.

07/12/2012 at 12:11

Wayne - I cant help with Nike as I dont use it. However, I can also load my Garmin Connect data into Strava, but I guess you will lose your existing Nike data if you do that

07/12/2012 at 12:14

I really appriciate the reply. There are many sites that allow Garmin data, it just so happens Nike isn't one of them and it's my favorite. Thanks again

07/12/2012 at 12:17

Run with both devices ? I have my Garmin watch and have been known to use Strava on my phone at the same time. Not ideal I will grant you but it doesnt bother me much doing that as I always wear my watch and have my phone in case of emergencies

DAM
07/12/2012 at 23:56
When did it stop working? I've been using it for three years and its only stopped working once for me - and then it was fixed within a few days. I used it yesterday with no problem. Have you emailed the guy that runs the site? He's normally pretty good at responding.
DAM
08/12/2012 at 16:40

I just uplaoded anoher run from my 405 today without a problem. Are you still having problems?

10/12/2012 at 13:51
carterusm wrote (see)

Run with both devices ? I have my Garmin watch and have been known to use Strava on my phone at the same time. Not ideal I will grant you but it doesnt bother me much doing that as I always wear my watch and have my phone in case of emergencies

I'm currently running with both my Garmin and Nike+ on my iPhone. I had intended to stop using the phone but can't find a way of transferring the data to garmin connect.

Is Strava better or worse than Garmin Connect and/or Nike+?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.