I Want Off-Road Shoes

Mild overpronator wants off-road shoes

2 messages
06/02/2010 at 14:09

I have been looking at off-road shoes online, but noticed they don't descirbe most of them for recommendation to any particular running type (stability, motion control, etc..)

When I got my feet checked a while back, I was described as "overpronating quite a bit" and my running shoe of choice is either the Brooks Adreneline GTS 9 or a Mizuno Nexus Wave 3. I can run in those just fine with no problems.

Thanks in advance. 

06/02/2010 at 19:49

From what i believe motion control is not needed so much when running off road, you only need the motion control on hard flat ground as you are doing repetitive footstrikes on a very hard terrain.

If you are running off-road the chances are if your running on gravel, grass, mud or whatever its a lot softer than tarmac so the stress is less, also the ground will be uneven so the footstrikes will not be the same every time which cuts out the repitition effects.

I cant remember exactly why you dont need them myself, but i too wondered about that when i was after some offroad shoes that i could compete Tough Guy 2010 in.

I stumbled accross the brand INOV-8 and i have to say the pair i bought (roclite 285) surpassed all my expectations and now i'm going out of my way to find the steepest hills and deepest mud just to see if i can find some terrain i cant actually run on, they are AMAZING!

http://www.inov-8.com/Home.asp?L=26

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.