Ice packs..where to buy?

9 messages
24/11/2008 at 14:45
I've been using packs of frozen peas and sweetcorn to ice my knees after a run.Works fine but wondered where I could buy an ice pack-the sort to use time and time again.
I've had a look in the large supermarkets and high street chemists-they have the once only ones but not the pop in the freezer sort!
I don't really want to order off the internet..
Where can I find one?
24/11/2008 at 14:55
I got one in Boots I think. A freezer pack that you can wrap round the limb. It won't  fit round a quad but a knee or ankle is ok.
24/11/2008 at 15:40
Try aldis if theres one near you ,they are pretty good you can use them hot or cold,i just use mine for ice,cheap as well.
Nam
24/11/2008 at 15:46
I got a gel pack in Boots which can be used either as a heat pack (by putting it hot water), or ice pack (by putting it in the freezer).
24/11/2008 at 15:52
Many thanks.

I tried Boots but my local one didn't sell them-it is a smaller Boots so will try the oxford one when i next go into town.

I find ice really does work to stop the aches and pains post run.My hubby laughs at me though with bag of frozen peas on one knee and a bag of sweetcorn on the other!!
25/11/2008 at 21:05

Got mine from Boots as well - Hammersmith branch in London.

26/11/2008 at 10:41
susiebe, try one of those wheat filled bags. They're usually used hot, the sort you microwave, but are equally adapted to being frozen. The advantage is they mold around the body part nicely unlike traditional ice packs which are more rigid.
26/11/2008 at 13:29
I got one in Decathlon - came with it's own little cloth sleeve with velcro tab etc etc. And was pretty cheap - like most things in Decathlon!
26/11/2008 at 20:42
Many thanks for your replies

Siance
I have seen the wheat ones but didn't realise they could be used frozen as well.

Think I'll be getting one as it can also help warm my feet at night!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.