Inov-8 Trailroc vs Inov-8 f -Lite 195

Please help me decide..

6 messages
24/06/2012 at 09:48

Hi everyone, been researching a bit more about barefoot running and the shoes I love are from Inov-8, really like the specs and looks of these shoes.  The F lites have good reviews and have been out longer, the Trailrocs are new and not due to be realeased until August...

The terrain i run on isn´t really mountainous as such, but its dry, dustry and rocky - your typical countryside in Spain. We run on a dried out river bed which can have big rocks, sand and soft parts to it too, the roads are well i´d consider trail its dirt track, gravel.  I don´t really run much or tarmac either, mostly those dirt tracks and grassland though we do not get much rain here.  I will also use these for the gym, walking and mountain biking, if possibe??  They are mimimalist shoes so i don´t see any problem in using them for other activities?

I am thinking these may be ideal?

Say it´s a minimalist racer..and has 1 point arrow (3mm) it doesn´t seem like much to effect my barefoot running? Also I wonder how long these shoes will hold up.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/inov-8-f-lite-195-shoes-ss12/

And the other...

This is quite similar but with an anatomic fit (my feet are quite narrow, and i am not sure if there will be a lot of space?)

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/inov-8-trailroc-245-shoes/

They also have the zero version too...with no shoc zone.  I suppose if it became really uncomfortable at first i could always add insoles when i am building myself up to them??

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/inov-8-trailroc-235-shoes/

Thanks everyone.

25/06/2012 at 19:05
I am guessing no one has the f lite 195?

Cheers
02/07/2012 at 13:57

Hello,

Only just joined Runners World after finding your post regarding the Inov-8 F-lites and trail-rocs. I have exactly the same dilemma and was wondering if you made a decision between the two?

I started with a pair of Bare-Grip 200s for orienteering which are great; though find that for everyday training, that involves a mixture of road, gravel and mud, there is too much grip. 

Therefore, I want a pair of inov-8s that can deal with more hard pack terrain without  a load of bulk and support (can't go back from barefoot running after using the Bare Grips- which are AWESOME). 

After visiting a store the sales assistant gave impression that F-lites were solely for X-over indoor gym use- not for trail, and proceeded to recommend me the FLYROC 310s which were way too bulky and insisted there was no point in trying the F-lites.

Even the brochure says the F-Lites are for 'sprinting, wieghtlifting, rope climbing and gym work'- however most user reviews cliam they're perfect for trail?! 

I'm really confused and would be greatful if somebody could shed some light?

Cheers!

02/07/2012 at 14:06

Hi there, welcome!

I went for the f lites in the end.  I called Inov8 and they advised me that the 195s are a trail shoe too, basically an all rounded for everything as I run on a mix of trail. rock/gravel and road.

They are fantastic and in the rain wonderful (tried them out in Scotland)

You are looking at the 220s which are different from mine, I did not like the sole on those.

I bought mine from Wiggle they are fantastic and quick.

These shoes are also the lightest (195g)

I hope that helps

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/inov-8-f-lite-195-shoes-2/

03/07/2012 at 16:56

Hey,

Went out today and bought the black F-Lite 195s. New sales assistant said they're suitable for trail as long as I am used to minimal support shoes, which is fine. 

Yet to try them out, but will this evening- then off to Australia for the summer for a few trail events!

Again, thanks for your advice- helped me make the decision to buy some (fingers crossed!) great shoes : D

03/07/2012 at 17:00

Nice, you won´t be disappointed.  I live in the Málaga region of Andalucía, Spain and they´re fantastic there too.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.