Insoles and trainers

3 messages
23/01/2013 at 19:48

Good evening all

I think I am getting the running bug  However, I have a query regarding my feet.  I have prescribed insoles from a podiatrist.  Question is:  Do I need shop for trainers with insoles in or out.  I'm looking to complete a half marathon in May.

Regards

Jason

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 20:11

That would all depend on what the podiatrist advised you ... do you know what type of shoe you are looking for?
I would assume that if the insoles are correction a mechanical problem then you would be looking for a neutral shoe so as to not over/under correct what the insoles are doing.  I would also think that if you are getting the correct size for you then you would need to remove and replace the insoles so that they fit correctly

I will however go back to my first point, after paying for the podiatrists time and advice and the insoles then it is they you should be asking rather than a bunch of weirdos on the internet    

23/01/2013 at 20:44

Hi M...eldy

Thanks for your time and reply.  I think you may be right on this and I shall revisit for the pro opinion.  Good to know that everybodies wierd on the internet.  Thought it was just me;-)

Kind regards

Jason

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.