Is there a appliance that will tell me my required interval pace?

5 messages
16/03/2013 at 20:46

I currently use Runkeeper (on my Android phone) which I really like, but there is one facility I can't get it to do. I can design my own interval programme, with sections split by time or distance, but I can only set the pace for the intervals as fast, medium or slow.

What I would really like is something where I can set precise paces, and the app would tell me what pace each interval should be run at, at the start of each interval. In an ideal world, I would also like a breakdown of paces for each interval once I got home (at the moment, I have to work it out from the pace profile report).

Is there an app that can do this?

16/03/2013 at 20:51

I use ismoothrun on the iphone, but I dont know if they have an android version. That allows you to set up by exact pace.

I can then export to runkeeper after I have finished.

Edited: 16/03/2013 at 20:52
16/03/2013 at 22:27
My garmin appliance does all this
17/03/2013 at 15:00

I though app was short for application?

17/03/2013 at 18:09

Yes, it is: I am either developing presenile dementia, or possibly becoming a high court judge, or it was an auto-correct error. I noticed it immediately it was posted, but I can't work out how to change the thread title (I suspect it needs a request in triplicate to RW towers).

Incidentally, I have noticed that the iPhone version of Runkeeper does most of this, so I either need to upgrade my phone, or buy a Garmin. Or stop worrying about it. TBH, every so often I develop Garmin envy for a day or two, and then remember that the most important gadget is your body. And anyway, on my LSR with second half at marathon pace, I passed the time doing mental arithmetic every mile to work out at what time I had to get to the next mile. Passed the time.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.