Kalenji equipment

How do you get on with them?

21 to 36 of 36 messages
Tommygun2    pirate
26/08/2010 at 10:35
I like the fact that it took nearly a year to get upset at the thread.
08/01/2011 at 17:52

Hi Guys,

I bought a pair of 'Comfort Primes' Yesterday and have had my first few outings in them. So far, they are amazing. I paid 69.99, Pounds,  and So far they feel like there worth every penny.

There was another bloke in there who was looking for new shoes to, I bumped into him in town and he bought the same ones as I did. He just kept on coming back to them, over the likes of Asics, Addidas and Nike.

I was first impressed by the comfort of the shoe and then the performance. Its as thought they have a little spring in them! The build quality is exceptional. The top of the shoe really holds its own and I'm also finding they clean up nice. 

I have no quarms with them yet, although I'm still running them in, it's quite a pleasure doing so all the same. 

Highly recommended all round.

They don't seem to be out on the UK Decathlon website yet, but you can find pictures etc on the french and dutch ones.

http://www.kalenji-running.com/FR/ekiden-confort-prime-159873569/

A must look for anyone looking for new pair of trainers.

I've heard messages about 'own brand' and low quality. All I'd say to that is that Decathlon is not Tesco, or Aldi. It's a high quality sports retailer and designer that sells it's own stuff along side market names. They simply miss the middle man out. If they didn't have their own stores I am sure they would sell as a brand name alongside New Balance, Mizuno and Nike. Further more this is where they make there money and also maintain their reputation, which is really good. 

Happy New Year

Rich 

18/06/2011 at 21:33
well i was in there today and was looking at a £30 h.r.m. watch. what also tells the time. anyone got one any good. ?
18/06/2011 at 22:05

RB

Aldi sports kit is Crane one of the largest sports retailers in Northern Europe I use Aldi gear and have found no problems with the kit they supply antd its a good as anything I have from Decathlon (Bike gear)

Me thinks it would appear that a couple of people with an interest in Decathlon have used this site to push their gear.

As for Moogle  TOTAL PILLOCK 

Edited: 18/06/2011 at 22:06
23/01/2012 at 18:53

Hi everyone,

Im the running department manager in the new Decathlon in Bolton so its been really interesting reading everyones comments about kalenji.

Its worth me pointing out that Kalenji isn't a traditional 'own brand' that people refer to when talking about products like tesco's finest cakes and such.  Kalenji are product designers and testers part of a bigger group called Oxylane.  Decathlon are the only stores that sell their products as we are also part of this same group. 

As for the shoes I cant personally relate to their comfort level (I run in fivefingers) however kalenji's aim is to provide a running shoe at all levels, beginner to expert at an affordable price.  This sounds like im part of the marketing team, however I wouldn't bother posting here if I wasn't 100% sincere.

The one thing me and my team have noticed is that aesthetically, kalenji road running shoes have always looked abit on the chunky side and never quite as attractive as some asics or adidas, however I have been told recently that they are spending alot more time and effort on the shoe side of running now opposed to mainly the clothing so there should be some interesting new products out this year.

If anyone has any questions about the products I can try and answer them, I own quite a few bits of the clothing and tried plenty of the energy bars/gels.

Ste

24/01/2012 at 17:21
I have a hat, headband and gloves set. They are comfy and light, though the gloves aren't sufficient for me once it gets down around freezing (poor circulation).
24/01/2012 at 17:44
I have a lot of clothing but havent tried the shoes. My boyfriend has though and they just weren't right for him (Not enough support and wore down very quickly for their use). I guess it's how your body reacts/works
24/01/2012 at 22:42
Stephen.... totally off topic, but any chance of speaking to head office and suggesting a discount code for Runners World subscribers/readers? Can imagine it'd bring a lot of business your way....

( No harm in asking... )
25/01/2012 at 21:20

Hi Sonic,

No harm in asking!    Unfortunately we tend not to give discount to specific clubs/groups mainly because we try our best to be the cheapest retailer of sports equipment in the local area and can therefore not usually afford to discount further.

You may find products cheaper online or in some other retailers, however we believe that the prices and technicality of the range we offer are both good for the customer.

Other than that, we do also have a loyalty card system that is free and rewards you with money off vouchers.

Ste

25/01/2012 at 23:12
Thanks for the reply Stephen.

I have got your card but haven't heard anything and definitely had no vouchers through! Shame really as I recently spent £70 on a pair of trainers in your Lakeside store and need to buy a £100 bike sometime soon. Ah well - lets hope some come through soon...
17/05/2012 at 23:11
I have a pair of kalenji eliofeet utter class for running in best running shoes I have had I have a pair of vibram five fingers like a super special running show and there collecting dust
22/05/2012 at 15:47

I use decathlon shorts and t-shirts and iv had no issues with them. But im not keen on their underwear, thermals or "compression" tights. Being a climber hiker and winter sports nut I use a lot of Odlo gear.

22/05/2012 at 23:15

their running underwear (boxer short style) is excellent. I've bought 4 pairs and worn them for lots of long distance training and events. never had any problems whatsoever and very comfortable. tip though is to go up a size.

23/05/2012 at 08:21

Indeed. I like to think that my tip is up a size

10/05/2013 at 12:17

When I did my Erasmus exchange program in 2008, I needed to buy shoes just to walk around. I went to Decathlon, and saw Kalenji pair of shoes on good sale. I tried them on and... wow... I don't feel like wearing shoes. So I bought them, but never really used them for jogging - only for travelling to the school or office... but in 2012 I started to run 3 times a day 30 minutes (6 - 7 km). I still run with these shoes. I don't get feet problem or anything like that.

I did not even know the name of the product, until now I wanna buy the exact new pairs (that's why I'm researching in internet and found this discussion). The reason I want new ones because they are already bit stinky and a bit broken as I ran once without socks and had long big toe nail (silly). Apparently it's called Ekiden 100 black/grey 2008.

So, I think Kalenji shoes are good. In fact, thank you Decathlon/Kalenji for 'indirectly introducing' me to running. You can use my comment for your marketing thing or whatever. Just please don't increase the price.

31/03/2014 at 17:11

Kalenji running shoes won a couple of awards by runners world in 2013 , so i bought a pair of their Kiprun MD which had been given the new comer of the year award. 500 miles down, the cushioning is starting to go but performance wise they have been as good as any of the big brands and i have tried nearly all of them. Also Ive stayed injury free during the time ive had them (3 months). I would recommend buying this brand, but make sure you've had your feet properly looked at first so you know exactly what kind of running shoes you need.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.