Karrimor Running Shoes

21 to 40 of 86 messages
21/04/2013 at 18:16

I really wish I'd found this 2 weeks ago. I've always worn Nike running shoes, but with money a bit tight at the moment, I decided to get a pair of Karrimor. They are the most uncomfortable trainers I've ever had. I agree with some of the comments above about the running shoes being the most important part of your kit and will certainly be going back to Nike. As for other kit, I've never used Karrimor, always used Nike for tops, shorts etc...

09/07/2013 at 19:19

the reason I came on this thread was

I was in sports direct on the weekend and the karimor running trainers are now more expensive than the usual's like nike adidas ascics etc etc. when speaking to the sales rep in the shop about them he recently told me that the top ascics running shoe designer recently moved over to karimor and is now designing running shoes for them. does anyone know if this is true?

Pudge    pirate
09/07/2013 at 19:52
ryan kitson wrote (see)

the reason I came on this thread was

I was in sports direct on the weekend and the karimor running trainers are now more expensive than the usual's like nike adidas ascics etc etc. when speaking to the sales rep in the shop about them he recently told me that the top ascics running shoe designer recently moved over to karimor and is now designing running shoes for them. does anyone know if this is true?

If it came out of the mouth of one of the sports direct staff, I'd like to wager that it's horseshit. 

But then, maybe I'm being unfair.

Edited: 09/07/2013 at 19:53
09/07/2013 at 20:17

I can't believe that Karrimor shoes would be anything other than crap these days, judging by the quality of their other running gear.  SD screws things up, catering for the cheap/chav end of the market.

10/07/2013 at 00:39

I dont see many chavs in karrimor/ its usually nike and the like. i had s pair of karrimor shoes that were fine but they were heavy and designed for heel striking. 

the shirts snd vests are ok for the price and wash well.

14/07/2013 at 23:28

If Karrimor get their prices any lower, then their running shoes might have potential as fuel for power stations. 

People who work for Sports Direct or Field and Trek, refer to the brand as crapimor.

That should not inspire confidence. 

22/07/2013 at 15:31

The D30 running shoes are utter cr~p.

They will destroy the soles of your feet (with a myriad of little blisters matching up exactly with the holes in the removable sole of the shoes).

They do not support you ankle/heel and will leave you in a good deal of joint pain.

Do yourself a favour and DO NOT BUY KARRIMOR! Sports Direct own the brand now and you know what to expect from that 'shop'.

I've attempted to return the running shoes to their Irvine branch and i've been messed around from start to finish and they will not accept the return (even their head office are a nightmare to deal with and are no help whatsoever).

REPEAT - DO NOT BUY KARRIMOR - DO NOT BUY FROM SPORTS DIRECT.

SPORTS DIRECT ARE A DISGRACE

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
22/07/2013 at 16:12

So you not think they would suit an over pronator ? 

24/07/2013 at 11:54
duncan21 wrote (see)

REPEAT - DO NOT BUY KARRIMOR - DO NOT BUY FROM SPORTS DIRECT.

SPORTS DIRECT ARE A DISGRACE

Back when I was employed by Sports Direct, after they bought out Field and Trek, one of their managers got a Sports Direct logo tattoo to raise money for charity!

24/07/2013 at 12:36

Actually I run in karrimor socks most if the time 

24/07/2013 at 12:53

I reckon running in socks would be less detrimental to your feet that running with a pair of D30's on!

24/07/2013 at 13:35

Invest your money from the ankles down.  

Cheap running clothing works just fine. 

Your socks protect the parts that hit the ground, so it is worth investing a bit more money here. 

The shoes are obviously where the real investment is needed. 

24/07/2013 at 13:46

Why ? I have no foot problems running in Karrimor socks, so why waste money spending even more cash 

Edited: 24/07/2013 at 13:47
XX1
24/07/2013 at 13:54
Ben Davies 15 wrote (see)

Invest your money from the ankles down.  

Cheap running clothing works just fine. 

Your socks protect the parts that hit the ground, so it is worth investing a bit more money here. 

The shoes are obviously where the real investment is needed. 

Or alternatively try barefoot running 

XX1
24/07/2013 at 14:28

Taxi Driver

Barefoot running is the most expensive kind there is. 

Dave

I have never used Karrimor socks, but their construction dosn't fill me with confidence. 

24/07/2013 at 14:34

I don't care what it does for you..... I've been more than happy running in them this year 

24/07/2013 at 14:38

If anybody can invent a running sock where I don’t have problems with my feet, then they are very clever. 

24/07/2013 at 14:39

Ever considered it might be your shoes or boots ? 

24/07/2013 at 14:51

Nah. 

I never had any problems from one year to the next until I started running 100s, then my feet started to disintegrate like wet tissue paper. 

The only thing that has ever really helped is covering the inside of my socks with talc, and changing them periodically. 

24/07/2013 at 14:59

So maybe your shoes aren't up to the increased mileage 

21 to 40 of 86 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.