Karrimor Running Shoes

81 to 86 of 86 messages
30/01/2014 at 17:12

If you want a decent cheap shoe that can cope with all the slippery mud you can throw at them get yourselves a pair of More Mile Cheviot 2s . You can pick them up for under £30 and the grip is awesome (not for tarmac at all though!)

31/01/2014 at 11:14

I have a pair, agree with that. Work fantastic in mud, can run as fast as possible in them whereas in some other trainers i'd have to walk very carefully through the same sections, also agree about tarmac, you really need to forefoot strike on tarmac, heal striking on tarmac in them will hurt.

I think they are ideal for this sort of weather, come summer and solid trails it might be worth looking at something a little more forgiving.

31/01/2014 at 18:25

Cheviots here too. Good for soft slippery stuff, not so good on hard trails (that's when I break out the Adidas Kanadias).

I use the mark 1 Cheviot, which at £30 from Start Fitness is a steal.

31/01/2014 at 20:14

Start fitness will do the mark 2 for under £30 if you hold them to their price promise . Same grip, but a lot less clunky than the 1

I do hope we are going to see some some and solid trails again this year! If we do, there's bound to be some end of line New Balance trail shoes that will do the job on a a budget...

03/02/2014 at 17:31

Glad I found this thread before I replaced my trainers. Went into Sports Direct last week and noticed they had a much larger stock of Karrimor in their running section than I previously remembered. Having had previous bad experience with Karrimor clothing (tops that are a terrible fit mainly) I decided to look online for reviews of their trainers & came across this thread.

Went back today, asked to try on a pair of these Nikes and was suggested the Karrimors as they provide better support (apparently!!). I said I would prefer to stick to the ones I had in my hand & was then told the Karrimor compared with the more expensive Asics they had on display but at a fraction of the cost. I almost had to laugh after reading this thread and knowing they like to over sell the brand. I pointed out that they have a name for being an inferior product & that on multiple recommendations to steer clear of Karrimor. They looked a little bit worried that other people nearby may have overheard. Might cost more but when it comes running we need to look after our feet first and foremost (and our nipples second )

21/03/2014 at 11:59

I ended up getting a pair of Saucony Grid Tuned Trail Running Shoes from SportShoes.com for £29.98 including postage. 

I have used them extensively since January. They are excellent. Good grip in mud and wet grass, and good cushioning on tarmac. Proper shoes.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 86 of 86 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.