Karrimor Running Shoes

101 to 114 of 114 messages
15/05/2014 at 20:52

Seeing as SD own 25% of sweatshop it's not the most far fetched conspiracy theory ever

15/05/2014 at 21:02
SD store managers can get paid very well but can work ridiculous hours.
15/05/2014 at 21:03
SD have nothing to do with the running of Sweatshop.
15/05/2014 at 23:01

They had a bit of a war with Sweatshop, and to my not inconsiderable surprise, Sweatshop seem to have got the best of it. They have pretty much pushed SD out of their end of the market.

16/05/2014 at 06:50
You used to be able to get some bargains in the shoe department at SD but not anymore coz they only sell crap shoes.
20/05/2014 at 18:41

As a beginner ive opted for the Karrimor brand, jacket and gloves for the colder days, a sports bra and a light t-shirt for all round. I went in to get some leggings the other day, apparent size 10, i could hardly get them past my knee's and the material felt horrible so just stuck to what i had. 

I remember Karrimor been in Tog24 shops and been a real good brand, a few bits still are but i took the plunge went for Nike sports bra..what a difference! Quality and fit are brilliant. 

21/05/2014 at 06:53

Based on the errr.... demographic who shop for casual wear in SD I reckon there is a good reason their own brand is called Karrimor.

Edit: Just realised that sometimes attempted humour doesn't come across with the written word. If you knew me you'd know what I meant by this.

Edited: 21/05/2014 at 09:12
20/07/2014 at 18:44
I posted on a similar thread months ago, may even have been this one, received a tirade of abuse and accusations of being a SD sales person because I said I'd bought a pair of Karrimor running/trail shoes from SD.

Been wearing them now for over a year, 2 to 3 runs per week on roads and more filthy of road surfaces and lots of muddy mountain biking. Sorry to go against the grain here but they have lasted longer than my previous New Balance's, they are comfortable and are not falling apart yet.

Waits for abuse . . .
21/07/2014 at 09:28

Lynch the heretic.

21/07/2014 at 10:36

Well said Warey.

Have run many miles in Karrimor trail shoes with no issues. Probably not the highest quality footwear in existence, but does the job and so long as you have the intelligence to see though the SD pricing strategy and the "advice" from the drones who work there, you can get decent value for money.

I look forward to being manacled to you on the tumbrill which transports us through the jeering crowds of RW trolls to be chained to the stakes awaiting out fiery death. 

24/07/2014 at 14:27

I've often labelled those at the back of a Half-Marathon field The Karrimour krew due to the amount of Karrimour on show there. (Including myself I must add). The more lithe front runners often sport other brands.

It is very cheap and I've found the running socks I've bought from there to be excellent. So credit where it's due.

I won't comment on the shoes.

24/07/2014 at 21:52

With you on the sock front too - I use the Karrimor long compression socks - they do the job,last well and are a damn site cheaper than most of the other brands of compression sock available.  Now must get on my Satan's socks and shoes in preparation fro fleeing the mob.....

19/08/2014 at 06:10

My husband uses karrimor running shoes. He always praises these comfortable shoes...

Edited: 19/08/2014 at 06:11
19/08/2014 at 07:33

Yawn,   another random 1st post defending them.... You would think people would want to come on and talk about running, no!!!! They want to come on as completely new and say about trainers they don't even wear..... Yes!!! That is such a great advert for them.

NOT.

Edited: 19/08/2014 at 22:15

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 114 of 114 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.