light weight running shoes?

7 messages
28/11/2002 at 19:19
Hi hope someone out there can offer up some suggestions I currently run in saucony omni's which are great and I have no problems with but I would like a light weight shoe for speed work and shorter races such as 5 milers and 10k. I'm about eleven and a half stone and can run a sub hour ten miler on a good day. I would appreciate some advice from anyone who's tried out some lighter shoes.
29/11/2002 at 00:10
Run in Omnis, and have just purchased a pair of Asics Gel DS Trainers because they give some stability. GBP65 from birmingham runner (plus last year's great Omnis only GBP50). Not used them much yet, but I do feel like I can go a bit faster in them!
29/11/2002 at 21:56
Swear by DS Trainers and have used them continuously since they came out (although Asics have made a few mistakes along the way). I think I'm on my eighth pair: I caused a great deal of amusement when I ordered a job lot that were reduced to £50.
30/11/2002 at 14:56
thank you to both Graham's it seems that the ds trainers are a good place to start so will go to my local supplier and try them out.thanks for your help
30/11/2002 at 18:38
I'd go for the DS trainer myself I use them for all my marathon's & faster speadwork sessions.
I use asics racers for shorter races, either the DS racer or Tiger Paw [my favourite]
30/11/2002 at 19:28
DS trainers are great... Flexible, light, fit well. the support isn't quite Kayano like, but there's only soooo much you can get into a shoe like that!

AND... you can get them with tiger printed bits on!
02/12/2002 at 10:38
New Balance 830s have done me OK over the last few months. Check them out.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.