Like the Nike triax 15 but lighter???

2 messages
05/03/2012 at 14:40

Hi guys so I have been running with the Nike TRiax 15's since I had my gait analysed in November . I am training for my first marathon and figured they would be battered by then so was thinking of getting a second pair of shoes and alternating them, I find them ok but after a 16 mile run they fely really heavy, I like the support they offer but find them a bit heavy . Can anyone suggest anything similar ( I over pronate) but on the lighter side ? Or should your second pair be the same as your first ???? HELP

07/03/2012 at 12:43

If nike fit your foot well, then the nike pegasus feel very similar, but a bit lighter. Then of course there is a nike lunarglide which are much lighter....but their dymanic mumbo jumbo should help with pronation. There are slightly different than regular nike sizing though. For instance I take a size 9 in triax, zoom, pegasus or free, but in lunar soles im an 8.5. Nike uppers are also fairly similar, so might make the change similar.

I alternate between using lunar eclipse 2, lunarglide 3 on the road and then pegasus off road. Because in any week I'll typically wear 3 different pairs of running shoes (I find it helps me wear new pairs in, plus keeps them alive a bit longer as they have longer to dry out etc). Most people will have 1 or 2 pairs for training and then a lighter race day version of their training shoe and maybe a trail version as well. I personally skip the lighter race day version as I under pronate and really like the fit and feel of the lunar shoes after 10 miles or so.

FYI I just checked and the lunar eclipse 2 (the new ones) are almost the same weight as the triax. (around 12 oz) but the lunar glide 3 (4 comes out in the summer, so 3 are at a good price now) are around 9 oz and also marketed as a support / neutral shoe. Maybe something you'd use now and then and on race day.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.