Marathon gear

4 messages
17/10/2002 at 13:19
Doing my first marathon on Sunday and am wondering whats best to wear? I generally like to run pretty well wrapped up but the advice seems to be for shorts and a singlet. Is there any reason I'm not aware of that I shouldn't run in a rain jacket (rain and wind forecast)?
17/10/2002 at 13:28
clientje,

by now all your race prep should be done and dusted leaving you all relaxed with nothing to worry about.
what you wear will depend on the pace that you will be running, and the temperature that you will be running in.
i wouldn't recommend wearing anything that you have not already worn on your long runs as chaffing is often painful.

ST.
17/10/2002 at 15:03
The forecast for Sunday is crap, so take the rain jacket - better to have it tied round your waist all the way than to freeze and not finish. A marathon is a long way to run in the rain.
Good luck. Which one are you doing?
17/10/2002 at 15:08
Thanks guys. Am doing Amsterdam. Weather looks wet and cold so will definitely wear the jacket.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.