Marathon shoe for mild pronator

Any tips

4 messages
10/09/2009 at 13:57

I'm decided on running a Marathon next year now, Edinburgh in May. I mostly run off road and have a pair of New Balance 768s which I use for an on road long run to gauge how I am doing about every 3 weeks. If find the 768s are fine but once I get over 12 miles my knees do experience slight soreness. Nothing serious but I know others who feel the same about this shoe. Double the distance and quadruple the soreness I'd guess.

So I wonder what other shoes people have found to be good Marathon shoes. I run in Saucony/Inov-8 off road. Two that stand out so far seem to be the Saucony Hurricane and the Brooks Adrenaline. Of course I will try things out on the treadmill at the shop but that doesn't tell you how the shoe will feel after 20 miles.

10/09/2009 at 22:54
I used to do all my training and ran my first marathon in Brooks Adrenaline, as a moderate overpronator.  They'd definitely give you enough support for a marathon. if you're just a mild o-p maybe look at Nike Zoom Elite.  It's a lightweight trainer but offers support and lots of cushioning, now my marathon shoe of choice.
06/07/2012 at 14:30

i wear NIke structure triax to train in , but wondered if there was a lighter shoe

to do the marathon in with the same level of support??

06/07/2012 at 23:06
I used Asics 1170s for my last marathon. They were recommended by my chiropractor who was sorting out my ITB issue. I pronate, but the New Balace shoes I was wearing had too much support.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.