Maternity Support Belt

3 messages
02/02/2008 at 14:57
I am 19 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy. During the first I didn't run as I was just coming back from injury and didn't want to exacerbate any problems. However, I'm now loving running with a bump. Stopwatch free and no speed training, just running for the heck of it. However after yesterday mornings run I felt slight discomfort in the ligaments supporting my bump and wondered if anyone has tried a support belt and if so how well they worked and which ones to try. Thanks a lot
03/02/2008 at 22:07

Congrats Ermin! I ran all the way through my 3rd pregnancy last year (past the due date!) and found as my normal leggings got tighter they provided enough support, although I did get a bit of ligament ache from time to time.  However - have you looked at the Pregnant runners' thread? I know some of the ladies over there were discussing support clothing etc. recently - might be worth a look.

Good luck!

sb x

07/12/2010 at 15:54

I would try a maternity belt. My wife had one and it really helped her keep running right up until she was really big.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.