Mizuno Creation help required!

5 messages
09/10/2002 at 13:08
I have been using Mazunio Rider 02 since April and found them to be a good shoe but after only 330 miles they have given up the ghost. After spending a lot of time looking for a new pair I decided to spend the cash ( £85)and I bought a pair of Creation but I'm not enjoying them every time I ware them my feet become very sore ( 125 miles todate ).The main reason I bought them is that I'm doing the Dublin Marathon in 3 weeks and I have no confidence in these shoes. Is it too late to buy another pair of shoes or should I keep with the Creation? will they get better.
09/10/2002 at 13:25
Chris

I have no experience of running in Mizunos, partly because when I just tried some on they didn't feel comfortable.

As far as changing your shoes 3 weeks before a race, I wouldn't be too concerned. I got a pair of Saucony Grid Swerves about ten days prior to doing London this year and they felt great from the moment I tried them on.

They were recommended to me by Up & Running www.runningshoes.co.uk and were on a special offer at £34.99. Might be worth giving them a call - the number is on their website.
cougie    pirate
09/10/2002 at 13:39
I found Mizunos too narrow for my feet eventually. I was getting ache in the bone down the side of my foot after runs.

HAd to do London in them though as I only discovered this the day before, and I was OK.
09/10/2002 at 17:21
chris,
its okay to change your shoes in time for dublin, but when you say your feet get sore, where on your foot and is is blistered/red and swollen/blackblue?
10/10/2002 at 22:52
Hi Chris,

Shouldn't be any problem in changing your shoes and in any case it's got to be better than running a marathon in something that's going to cripple your feet.

Your experiences with the Creations are interesting. I had a pair until recently and initially they were really good - superb cushioning and pretty supportive. But they only lasted about 260 miles and towards the end I definitely felt the support was giving way and I was getting quite serious blistering under my arches, which I've never had with any shoe before.

Chucked 'em in the bin and I'm afraid I won't be buying any more - I expect about 500 miles out of a pair of shoes, particularly when they cost 90 quid!

Dave

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.