Moisture wicking/technical ladies undies

Help, please..

7 messages
23/02/2014 at 16:16
Hi,   I have been umming and ahhing over whether to post this or not, but I am hoping 'it's not just me'!   When I run or cycle I sweat by the bucket load in my lower region.  I find it very very embarrassing and can only wear black leggings or capri's.  And while these have technical wicking properties I still get soaked.   To make matters worse I seem to be getting thrush all the time (I've been checked at my GP for various things) but my DR just says that this is how some people are and to just use pantyliners - this does not help me! (P.s. I shower immediately after my run or bike ride and use a talc also).   So, Please please can anyone recommend some good technical wicking ladies underwear, please, please please?   Thanks, D.x
PSC    pirate
23/02/2014 at 16:42
Try decathlon. They do some really good one for us chaps, so same should go for you ladies.
23/02/2014 at 18:40

Honestly, my life got sooo much simpler when I stopped wearing knickers under lycra.  I woud never have believed it before trying it.  Give it a whirl?

23/02/2014 at 18:42

Also, check the talc is actually mineral talc.  Some are basically cornstarch and may be, ummm, feeding the thrush.  (And get a new doctor, because yours is a numpty.)

Edited: 23/02/2014 at 18:43
24/02/2014 at 09:47

Agree with Peronel that commando is the way to go (also that your doctor is a bit of a twit).

Also I wouldn't necessarily equate sweaty bits with thrush. You can sweat quite a a lot in that area without it causing any problems.

Personally I'd stick to unperfumed shower gel and wouldn't use talc at all. 

XX1
24/02/2014 at 11:52
Flob wrote (see)
Talc? Really? That sounds horrid!! Yuk and probably more likely to cause a thrush attack...

You speaking from experience eh 

XX1
25/02/2014 at 11:02

Sorry to not get back here sooner, but I wanted to say thank you to you all .  

The thought of 'going commando' fills me with dread, but it is definitely worth a go!  Also found some great items on decathelon.

I think I will go back to my GP though.

Thanks everyone.

x

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.