MP3 player recommendations?

21 to 26 of 26 messages
31/01/2012 at 22:31
(Apologies for hijacking thread)

Now along with me my family is returning a total of 3 nanos! Amazing...
03/06/2012 at 18:26

Never get an archaic apple piece of rubbish! I'm dumping my shuffle (gen4?). Can't even drop files on it, so ancient and non-international-standard meeting. I do not like itunes and do not want to destroy all my music into their bespoke librarys/folders - but with this product the only way to use it is through itunes, HENCE ALWAYS AVOID APPLE CHEAP RUBBISH. 

11/06/2012 at 10:08

I'm not too keen on iPods any more. They're nice little bits of kit and easy to use and all BUT  - if your pc dies and you have to get a new one, it's then really difficult to put new music on your iPod without erasing all the old stuff and starting again. I've got an old nano (sadly not one of the ones they're replacing for free...) and I haven't been able to figure out how to put anything new on it since my old pc was replaced.

On the up-side, I've been running with this old nano for years now and it's held up fine despite being utterly soaked in sweat/water many a time...

14/06/2012 at 20:08

Blimey runs-with-dogs, is that right?

I've only got a 1gb iPod Shuffle, so it's never really bothered me as I'm always changing the music on it anyway. But that must be a real pain if you've got about 8gb or more on an iPod!

14/06/2012 at 22:22
Iexplorer ... Can drag all the stuff off your i* devices and it's free, a bit stroppy to install on win7 sometimes need a few iTunes re-installs but when working is do useful. Used to be called iPhone explorer but had to rename it as iexplorer
17/06/2012 at 19:00

Glad you found the Sansa clip reset - I was going to suggest that! I've had one sansa die completey, one that the volume control is stuck on (fine for in bed!). Despite this, I bought a 3rd as they are really good - nice sound (with upgraded headphones) very light and perfect for running and (relatively) dirt cheap especially if you look around, and go for the lower memory versions.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.