Muddyfox cycling jacket for running.

8 messages
03/10/2013 at 01:45

Just do not even think about it.

Why do I slag off Sports Direct... but then occasionally weaken and buy from them?

03/10/2013 at 12:46

Go and stand in the corner, facing the wall.

Pudge    pirate
03/10/2013 at 14:05

The best thing I ever got from Sports Direct was a giant mug which came free (and unexpectedly) with an order of running shoes.  

It's still on my desk now, keeping all my pens and other bits and bobs orderly.

03/10/2013 at 17:42

So a jacket from a not particularly great manufacturer, brought from a not particularly great retailer, isn't particularly great at doing something it wasn't even designed to do, Who'd ever have thought it?

03/10/2013 at 20:48

There's no need to rub it in 2wheels!

I should have been more balanced though...  it looks quite nice, and the pockets work.

03/10/2013 at 23:05

When I was employed by a subsidiary of Sports Direct we caught somebody shoplifting, and gave them a choice between being handed to the police, and buying a pair of Karrimor socks for £50. 

They opted for the latter in the end!. 

03/10/2013 at 23:34

Ha Ben,  Absolutely natural justice - and something that should be encouraged .   In this day and age though, depressingly, I wonder if the manager could have found himself on the wrong side of the law!

04/10/2013 at 21:28

Perhaps Runny Knows, but after a while you start to think like the shoplifters.  You learn how to punish them and not leave evidence.  Not something that I am proud of. 

I worked at one independent retailer, where the manager made a shoplifter walk out of the shop with his trousers round his ankles!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.