My Garmin 205 has stopped working!!

6 messages
31/05/2010 at 20:31

My garmin has totally stopped working. The on button is doing nothing at all. I can't think of anything that has caused this. The only warning sign was that when yesterday I put it on to charge it took ages to show on the screen but the screen did come on. Then it wouldn't turn on at all this morning and now it doesn't charge either.

has this happened to anyone else??

31/05/2010 at 21:36

yes mine is intermittent.

some days it just refuses to turn on. other days it works perefectly. I have now bought a 405 and the 205 has worked perfectly ever since!

31/05/2010 at 21:42
Have you tried holding down the lap and on buttons together for a few seconds?
31/05/2010 at 22:32
google "garmin soft reset" .  You may need to hold the buttons down for 30secinds for it to work
01/06/2010 at 08:44
whereisjen - I had the same problem as you this morning and have just followed Gertie's suggestion. The website suggested holding down the 'mode' button with the 'lap' button, then releasing them and switching power on. It now works! Thanks, Gertie - saves me a lot of money (for the moment...).
02/01/2013 at 20:53

Thanks Pipes..............just got mine going. You're a star!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.