New Camelbak to make you look like a hunchback

Camelbak RaceBak

11 messages
27/02/2009 at 14:36

Saw this advertised in the latest magazine and fell of my chair laughing. It looks ridiculous, unless someone spots the tube they are going to think you have a hunchback.

Furher info

I am all for innovation but what is wrong with the back pack type? They don't bounce around, have extra pockets and you can take it off and still have your shirt on.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/camelbak-racebak-med.jpg

cougie    pirate
27/02/2009 at 14:38
Seems an innovation too far for me.

'Sorry - cant run today = my camelbak is in the wash'
27/02/2009 at 14:58
What next a bladder surgically implanted under the skin on your back!!!
27/02/2009 at 14:59

I can imagine it really annoying you if you have bony scapulars.  It is really going to rub as you run.  It has be be designed with cycling in mind.

mmm I think I will stick with my catalyst.

27/02/2009 at 14:59
I think it's an interesting idea but I'd need to be convinced that the material the vest is made of can stand up to the rigours of it over time - C'baks themselves seem to last for years by comparison.....

Salomon did something similar a couple of years ago which was like a cross between a gilet and a rucsack - so worn like a jacket but bladders built in. They killed it after a couple of years.
27/02/2009 at 17:29

There's an advert for them in this months magazine - with a picture of a guy wearing one.  Think i'll give it a wide berth.

not surprised that Salomon killed it... 

27/02/2009 at 17:48
I bought one of those new camelbaks, what do you think?

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4683/uglyoz2.jpg

27/02/2009 at 19:23
better than your avatar
nom
27/02/2009 at 20:44
lol, I saw the top in this months mag as well, and have to say I had the exact same first thoughts as you!!
27/02/2009 at 21:18
Nigel Sanderson 2 wrote (see)
better than your avatar

How true. 
28/02/2009 at 10:26

It deffinately doesn't look like it was intended for cycling as it sits far too high on the back. Infact it looks too high on the back for running too!

The bells, the bells!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.