New Nike GPS Running Watch

21 to 28 of 28 messages
13/04/2011 at 23:06
Simple sometimes is the best option when it comes to training but after running with a Garmin 405 for three years I kind of got used to having the average pace stat hanging around! Now that I run with the Nike GPS watch I keep wishing that I could check the Average Pace stat even though If the watch did have it then I probably wouldn't use it!

Blog - Nike SportWatch GPS Review
14/04/2011 at 21:41

i spoke to the nike guys at expo and they plan some updates

at the moment he said they were on platform 6 (6 updates since the pre realesed it) which means the field testers must of done a crap job

theres a stop watch update coming out and also talks of an actual pace update

this is only from what the rep told me

15/04/2011 at 20:15
got my nike sportwatch today, not had a chance to go for a run yet, but my first impressions are very positive! I've just sold a garmin 405 to get this watch - as good as the garmin is, i got fed up with the touch bezel constantly not responding as soon as any sweat got on it! I also always found it slightly too clever for me and wanted something a lot simpler - hence buying the nike watch.

i just had one question about it that im hoping someone might know the answer to. If i choose one of the online coaching schedules on the Nike+ website, is there a way of transferring the details of the runs to the watch, so (for example) you know you are meant to be doing an 8 mile run today?

Edited: 15/04/2011 at 20:15
16/04/2011 at 16:33
The distance error has been sorted by a subsequent firmware update. The current pace reading can sometimes be useless as on a steady run my read out will bounce from 7 to 9 min/mile. They need to do what the Timex watch does and take an average over the past 10 seconds (or smoothing I think it's called.) Average pace will get updated at some point I'm sure. Nike are a rich company and for a good reason - they are usually on the ball. The interval setting is potentially excellent BUT there is no warm up/down so you end up using the first KM/Mile as a warm up. Really good added extra that Nike have kept quiet.  It is a great watch - I love how simple it is. Press - run - press - review. Done. 
16/04/2011 at 18:27
I've just bought one, and i'm assuming they'll sort average pace as that should be simple. I've noticed, however, that mine's only showing GMT - i've not plugged it into a pooter yet as i'm away, but i'm surprised that adjustment's not built in.

The other thing that seems odd is thre's no alarm on the clock bit - simple to add but strange they've missed it.
30/09/2012 at 22:59

any news on the average pace update guys?

01/10/2012 at 08:25

Average pace is working fine now. I've been using it week in and week out for my Saturday Parkruns and it seems accurate enough and I continue to regularly PB with the pace it displays.

01/10/2012 at 08:50

does anyone know if there is going to be an average pace setting done for EACH interval rather than for the whole lot because what happens is that when i'm using the interval part of the watch i can't stay on the average pace since it also takes into consideration my rest period!!

Edited: 05/11/2012 at 08:57

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.