New Nike shoe already?

6 messages
06/09/2010 at 19:17
Been looking around for some lunar racers only to find limited sizes and that some online stores are claiming they are disconntinued. Surley not after only being around 8 months? Are Nike releasing another arcer soon hence the disconntinuation? The same goes for the Lunar Elites as I love those shoes.
06/09/2010 at 21:05
Surely they`re not canning the Lunaracer II ? The Lunaracer was in mho the best racer Nike ever produced.
07/09/2010 at 09:43

Not sure about Lunar Elites/Racers but Glides have moved onto updated version.

I had a bit of trouble getting hold of another original pair and fear I'm going to have to change over in time. Grrrrrrr.

07/09/2010 at 11:35
Devoted2Distance wrote (see)

Not sure about Lunar Elites/Racers but Glides have moved onto updated version.

Changed already, as in a different shoe?  Not just a weird new colour scheme?  I bought the older one last week and have only done 6 miles in them!
07/09/2010 at 12:16

Yes, different shoe Phillis.

Toebox is smaller, entire shoe is narrower/more streamlined and seems more responsive (i.e. less marshmallow-like on the sole)

Also, doesn't seem as silky-soft on the inners and the materials are different. 

07/09/2010 at 12:37

I've been looking around for Lunaracer's too, yet to see a high street shop stock them and reluctant to buy them online without trying them on first.

The Lunar range always seems to be in a state of flux, there's the new Lunareclipse and the Lunarfly which doesn't seem to have made it over to the UK

I'm very happy with my Glides, and want a lighter 'racier' version. Will probably end up having to go to Nike Town in London (do they have a running section ?) to try out the Swift, Racer and Elite to see which one I prefer

Edited: 07/09/2010 at 12:39

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.