New Puma Mobium shoes for "Adaptive Running"?

Has anyone seen the new Puma shoes, launching this month? What do you think about it?

6 messages
07/02/2013 at 12:32

I just saw these videos online about Puma's new "Mobium" shoes and was intrigued. They wax lyrical on what they're calling "adaptology" or "adaptive running". This looks quite a bit different from all the other offerings on the market at the moment. What do you guys think of the tech behind these shoes? Worth investigating or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxJzNfPGSC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cOPMG-TDqw

Cheers!

11/05/2013 at 21:04

Am very curious myself too!

18/05/2013 at 11:15

The only thing that worries me about these are the contact areas of the shoe - looks very bias toward heel strikers?!

19/05/2013 at 09:58

Daniel, it's "biased" not "bias" and I think you are right; these are designed for heel-strikers by the look of those videos.  Remember, the vast majority of runners are heel-strikers, despite the current trend to move forwards to mid/fore-foot striking.

They also look pretty minimal - I don't think there's going to be a support version!

19/05/2013 at 10:50

Thanks for the english lesson DiscountRunner! 

I guess you're right about the majority of runners are heel-strikers. I'm naturally a mid-foot striker, so it's a shame that this shoe isn't for me as I'm liking the technology! ....quickly reads back to check spelling! 

Edited: 19/05/2013 at 10:52
20/05/2013 at 07:09

I'm also curious about these shoes - the technology is a bit different from others.  Unfortunately, I need support shoes, so they're not for me either.  Thinking about it, I've never considered Puma for running shoes before.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.