new trail shoes which ones

7 messages
15/06/2012 at 15:47

hi all

looking for a new pair of trail shoes for a trail marathon

at the moment got some old asics gel which i love to bits but sadly they no longer maker that shoe

im a over pronater and my road shoes are nike traix 15 i know they say you dont need the support for trail shoes but have tried some on ,adidas xt,pumas and they just dont feel as if you could run a marathon in them

any recomendations will be most welcome oh also where i can get them cheap from

cheers malc

15/06/2012 at 16:05

I'm also looking out for some trail shoes and have similar support concerns, plus I benefit significantly from cushioning.  I've been looking at Asics Torana's, which can be had for about £41 delivered from Start Fitness (use the code RW10 for % off) and include a pair of running socks.  Going by reviews, they seem to fit the bill.

I'm hoping to pop into the shops tomorrow and try out a pair before I buy them.

15/06/2012 at 16:10

luna sandals....

Just done the southdowns trail marathon in mine..

15/06/2012 at 16:33
Some good shoes on start fitness. Cheers faiths daddy
Merrowman your mad lol
15/06/2012 at 17:00

The runner that put me onto the Adidas Adizero XT3`s runs 50-100 mile off road ultras  Malc... If you look around you can pick up the orange version for £45`ish  

15/06/2012 at 18:27

I'm an overpronator and use Gel Torana; think they are good for trail running. I've used them on Combe Gibbet 16, Marlborough Downs 20 miler and will use them on Lakeland Trails Marathon next month. They are a good compromise from road shoes. They are not mud plugging shoes. 

16/06/2012 at 22:20

You could do a lot worse than these, on sale at sportshoes.com. The grip is phenomenal, the cushioning just right and a wee bit of support for overpronation. The only supportive shoes in the Inov-8 range, but a fine pedigree for ultras...

http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/INO52/inov8-roclite-319-trail-running-shoes/

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.