new trainers

3 messages
02/08/2002 at 19:37
I bought some new Asics trainers about 2 months ago and the lining of the heel is going so much that they are uncomfortable to where.is this typicle of these shoes i payed a lot of money for them(£85) and am quite disapointed

I have got a half marathon in 6 weeks and have been told not to buy new trainers so close to a race. what an i do?
03/08/2002 at 21:19
Hi Jelly Bean,
I have a similar problem in some of my running trainers and I've been told recently that it's down to the way I run (mild overpronation.)

I don't know what you can do about it, but I normally continue to train in mine as they don't cause discomfort, it's just a nuisance. Sorry I can't be of much help on this.

If anyone knows a solution let us know.
07/08/2002 at 22:49
Gaffer tape is the answer, ive used it on a similar problem and its great, dead sticky and holds it all down nicely.

err... gafer tape = a very sticky cloct/plastic tape combination,,, sorry if you dont know what it is.. ask at a local hardware store and you should find it..

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.