Nike + Advice

5 messages
04/08/2011 at 08:49

Can anyone advise me please???

Recently switched to Nike plodding shoes.

Don't own an ipod & don't want one.

Can I still use the + facility without an ipod?

Is so which bit of + kit do need to purchase?

pmo
04/08/2011 at 08:53
One of them SportBand deelies.. Not sure I'd bother though, I never found them that accurate, my stride length varies too much..
pmo
04/08/2011 at 09:06
Agree. I had a sportband and it was rubbish. A Nike+ shoe is just a shoe with a hole in the bottom for the chip which is basically a pedometer.
04/08/2011 at 09:13

Sportsband is what you're after- you don't need an ipod to use it.  I agree with the above thought.  I didn't find it accurate.  It's ok when you first start out but I very quickly moved on to a garmin. 

04/08/2011 at 11:55

1. There is the Nike+ sport band which if you're starting out is accurate enough and easy to use. It's a good starting point. Only costs about £30.

2. The shoe pod also works with the Nike Sportswatch GPS, which is excellent. However, it costs £180.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.