Nike Air Structure Triax 10+

Is this an off-road shoe?

5 messages
20/10/2007 at 22:55
Was looking for some off-road shoes today for cross country, and because I have quite a dodgy running action and collapsed arches I'm quite restricted in my selection. The store I visited recommended the Nike Air Structure Triax 10+, yet every site I've looked at this evening has them listed as ordinary shoes and nobody lists them in the trail or off-road category. So my question is a simple one - is the Nike Air Structure Triax 10+ suitable for cross-country or not?
21/10/2007 at 11:47
It's a bog standard road shoe with a not terribly aggressive tread pattern. If you are looking for x-counrty I'd go for something else
21/10/2007 at 11:52

Am probably going to wear mine for Beachy next week but I'd not normally consider wearing them for off-road.

Being a road runner, I'm no expert on off-road/fell shoes but my understanding is that you don't need the support/cushioning etc that you do in road shoes.

23/10/2007 at 10:53
There are currently 2 versions of Nike Air Structure Triax 10 on the market. One is a totally standard road shoe. The other has 'Winter' features. This includes a Goretex upper. Now whilst the outsole does not have deep lugs, it has the waffle outsole and a friend has used this shoe on a mixture of terrain (i.e. road, gravel track and sports pitches) whilst I agree it wouldn't cope with ploughed fields, it's fine on standard grass terrain.
23/10/2007 at 17:24
OK, thanks for that, think I've found the difference - the winter one is the GTX, which isn't the one they recommended.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.