Nike Free

Anyone else tried a pair of Nike's new technology?

501 to 509 of 509 messages
Ironholgs    pirate
06/03/2006 at 14:17
had a letter from Nike telling me that they are no longer making them, and as they are a discounted product they've given me a credit note for the replacement amount.
06/03/2006 at 14:27
No longer making them?????

Oh no.

Am going to have to buy up every pair I can find now.

Bu*ger.
06/03/2006 at 15:41
Nike are discontinuing the frees? That will be a massive shame. They have tried to incorprate the free design into the new skylons, not sure if it has made any difference to the shoe though.
Ironholgs    pirate
06/03/2006 at 15:49
I'm only saying what I was told by their customer services department, they couldn't replace mine as they were a discontinued product and could offer me credit instead.

How true this is I don't know?
06/03/2006 at 15:55
Was that the Free5.0 or 4.0's? Maybe they're starting the 3.0's?
Ironholgs    pirate
06/03/2006 at 15:57
4's - must admit it did cross my mind that they might be bringing out 3's but then again now that they've incorporated the free technology into the new skylons that might be the way they are going.
06/03/2006 at 16:10
The Free's are not being discountinued as a concept - maybe a particular style / model could be.

With regard to the Skylons, they do incorporate some learnings from Free (in terms of flexibility and permitting more natural motion), however they are not classed as being part of the Free family.

This is because they utilise the learnings of Free to enhance the performance of the shoe (and therefore you), not to improve the conditioning of the foot.
06/03/2006 at 20:59
I have been wearing my Free's (5.0) as recreational trainers since last July and just starting to notice that the arch area of my foot feels like it is rubbing against the rough inside of the shoe so I think they have about had it. It could be the inner sole I suppose.... Heel pockets ripped long ago but I still wear them, much to the disgust of my boyfriend.

Anyone ordered their own designs recently? Have they still been experiencing delays?
07/03/2006 at 07:52
I had a look on the design your own page yesterday - and whatever you choose, it straight away says "that's out of stock", so it looks like they have stopped doing it - for the Frees at least.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
501 to 509 of 509 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.